Tire Services and Repair IN Idaho Falls, ID
At Big O Tires, our tire experts can do it all. If you need help finding new tires or have a tire that needs repair, we’ve got you covered. We can also rotate your tires or align and balance your wheels.
Big O Tires – Your Tire Service and Repair Headquarters
We proudly offer the following services for your tires:
Tire Purchase and Installation
If it’s time for new tires, then it’s time to head to your local Big O Tires store. We carry all the big brand tires you know and love: MICHELIN®, BFGOODRICH®, Yokohama, Cooper®, Continental, Nitto, Pirelli, Sumitomo, our own legendary Big O brand tires and more. This Big O Tires store also offers tire protection plans for total peace of mind. Already have tires that you’d like us to install? No problem! Whether you buy your tires from us or somewhere else, our expert technicians will ensure that your new tires are properly and safely mounted.
- Removal of old tires
- Mounting and balancing
New tires are a big investment, so why not go with The Team You Trust®?
Finding a small screw or nail in your tire is a Big Oh No! moment. Quick, fast tire repair from Big O Tires? Now that’s a Big Oh Yes! If you have a flat or punctured tire, don’t let it ruin your day. If the tire can be repaired, our tire experts will get you back on the road quickly.
- Unmounting and inspecting the tire, inside and out
- Repairing the tire (if applicable)
- Remounting and balancing the tire
Common Tire Services & Repairs Questions
What are the signs that I need new tires?
- Bulges or bubbles in the sidewall
- Small or large cracks
- Tread peeling away from the tire
- Bald or worn tread (tread less than 2/32” of an inch)
- Pro tip: To see if your tread has reached 2/32” or lower, perform the Penny Test. Grab a Lincoln penny, flip it upside down and place the penny into a tread groove. If Lincoln’s entire head is visible, it’s time to get new tires
Remember, The Team You Trust® is always here for you. If you see anything on your tires that concerns you, our experts can check them out and let you know what you need.
What are the different types of tires?
No matter what you drive, or where you drive it, we’ve got the right tire for you. Here’s a rundown on some of the tire types that we sell:
- All-season tires – Come rain or shine (or even light snow), these versatile tires have the traction you need to drive in any season.
- All-terrain tires – Like to head off the beaten path? All-terrain tires are built strong enough to take on dirt trails and rocky paths while still providing a comfortable ride out on the open road.
- Mud tires – They may be called mud tires, but these rugged tires can also plow through other soft surfaces like dirt and sand.
- Summer tires – These sporty tires are designed for warmer weather, but handle great in wet conditions. Summer tires are not meant to be driven in snow.
- Low profile tires – Low profile tires give you precise handling you need to take on the tightest corners. As with summer tires, avoid the snow with these.
- Visual inspection of steering and suspension system
- Tire pressure check
- Inspection of alignment angle
Just like wheel alignments, regular tire rotations promote even tire wear, and help maintain traction and balanced handling. We recommend getting your tires rotated twice a year.
Tire Pressure Check
Tires looking a little low? Don’t put off getting them checked. Low tire pressure can lead to everything from premature wear to blowouts. If you want to see where your tires stand, drive to your local Big O Tires store. We’ll check the pressure in all of your tires and adjust pressure if needed.
- Tire and wheel removal
- Inflating and balancing new tires
We’ll make sure that the weight of the wheel and tires are properly balanced around each axle, so you can enjoy a smooth ride, mile after mile.
Snow Tire Installation
If you’re planning on driving through heavy winter conditions, then snow tires are a must. We carry a wide selection of winter tires and will help you choose the right set for your driving style and climate. When you’ve chosen your favorites, our tire experts will remove your old tires and install your new winter tires.
- Performance tires – Want to take your ride to the next level? Performance tires might be the way to go. These have slightly stiffer sidewalls and softer tread compounds for improved grip and overall handling.
- Snow/winter tires – Built to take on the coldest conditions, snow tires are essential for those that drive in harsh winter weather. If you drive in severe snow conditions, look for a winter tire with the three-peak snowflake symbol.
We’ve been selling tires for over 50 years and can’t wait to help you find your next set of tires. Don’t wait - Request an appointment online or come by your local Big O Tires store today!